Pages

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

And Here We Go Again (Aka, Why My Small Attention Span Means I'll Never Actually Get This Blog Off The Ground)

Hi, my name is Jenny. I'm a sophomore at Tufts University, studying Psych and History and How To Make Friends With Lots Of People. That's basically what you need to know.

I run a Tumblr, and I'm good at running it. I update it every day--not because I feel I have to, but because something will come into my head, so I'll post it. For me, this is a rare and beautiful habit. My attention span is so short that--

Wow, look at that guy walking over there! He's really good-looking!

Oops.

Anyways, I have a short attention span, and I'm generally kind of bad at persisting at things over the long-term. That means that when I decided I was old enough to be a big girl and get a real blog, I posted maybe 2 things and then lost interest. Classic.

But, always optimistic and eager to turn over a new leaf, I decided to have another go at it! 

This time, my approach is different. Last time, I wanted the blog to have a theme, with posts only relevant to that theme. This is more akin to my Tumblr--I'll post various thoughts, theme not included. I'm hoping that'll make it easier to find material to post. The world is my virtual oyster! So yeah, I'm hoping that the title of this post was actually a lie. We'll see.

Thanks for reading. That's all for now, check back soon! :-)

--

No comments:

Post a Comment